Before and After, Library Cabinet

Who doesn’t love an old library file cabinet? I discovered this beast in a local thrift shop on Thursday, buried in shoes. It was so heavy it never left the floor. Marked $50, they were happy to see it go at $40 and I never even had to negotiate.

Once home, it was serious sticker removal and unscrewing of brass hardware and front wooden plates from their drawers.

Then Rustoleum Aqua Spray Paint -a much bolder color than I thought it would be and had serious thoughts of repainting. But once I reassembled it and replaced the hardware, it looked really pretty.

I removed the brass-knobbed rods that went through each drawer meant to hold down the library cards, and some were missing anyway. I covered the holes with some scrapbooking typewriter style numbers I had. I love stuff with numbers. Drug it into my tiny studio and here she is. I wish I had a better base, but this red bench will work for now. I still have to label each drawer, but she is getting filled with crafty ephermera, etc. and she’s topped off with the lovely bouquet of “just because” roses my husband brought me yesterday.



This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
JSIM Post Divider

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

JSIM Post Divider

30 Responses to Before and After, Library Cabinet