Hi Mom.

This is how wonderful my mother is. She crocheted all of these lap blankets for our military veterans. She lives far away in Arkansas, so we keep in touch a lot through e-mail and she sent these photos today. She wrote each veteran a thank you note. I asked her more about them and this was her reply:

Hi, Sweetie,

I took them to Mountain Home, Veteran Services on Friday. About twice a week they take Vets to Little Rock to the VA Hospital, and they will probably be going there today. So glad you liked them.

I love you,

Mom

How awesome is that?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Hi Mom.

1. #1 - Buttons says:

That is so cool! what a wonderful way to honor our service men and women. Thanks for making these!

2. #2 - Broken China Treasures says:

What a beautiful gesture! The lap blankets are extremely nice and, I’m sure, greatly appreciated by our veterans.

3. #3 - Oh2122 says:

Those are wonderful, and I am sure they will remind their recievers that they are loved and appreciated.

Your mom rocks!

4. #4 - Tania Wood says:

What a sweet mom! They are gorgeous. I have a soft spot for crochet and knitted afghans, because I come from a family of crochet-ers, knitters and quilters. I loved getting all of my knit slippers and crocheted pillow cases from grandmas. My aunt would make us knitted ponchos growing up, we loved them. Thanks to your sweet mom for making these beauties for our service men and women. Thanks.

5. #5 - Betsy's girl says:

it seems that the sweet apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…the way you nurture your adoring readers 🙂

6. #6 - Jane's Designs says:

Your Mom is very awesome! How kind of her to give something that is made with love to those that have given so much to keep us all safe.

7. #7 - MizSmoochieLips says:

THAT is a wonderful mother!!!

8. #8 - Pumpkin Petunia says:

Wonderful and thoughtful. I’m sure they are truly appreciated. The little note made me teary-eyed. So sweet.

9. #9 - Chimera Crochet says:

Very Awesome!

10. #10 - XUE says:

i enjoy reading yr posts & love it whenever anyone writes wonderfully about their moms. My mom is pretty wonderful in a different way. She found me when I was days old – that's how she became my mom.