It took me a while to figure out how to add a gadget/button to my blogspot blog allowing someone to contact me by email. A few bloggers have asked me how to do this, so I thought I’d make a simple tutorial. I don’t know if this will work on blogs other than blogspot.
1. Choose the JPG image you want to use for your gadget, your mugshot is always nice, or below are a few I designed for the taking. If you want to use one of these, click on the image of choice and drag or copy to your desktop.
2. Go to CUSTOMIZE on your blog
3. Choose ADD A GADGET
5. Type in something like “Contact Me” or “E-Mail Me” or simply leave it blank.
6. In the LINK area, type in your email address with “mailto:” at the beginning, and nothing else. No http://, etc. For example, I typed: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
7. For the image, BROWSE to the image you want to use
8. Click SHRINK TO FIT, if necessary, and SAVE
9. Back on your CUSTOMIZE page, drag your new e-mail gadget to wherever you want it in your sidebar.
10. Leave a comment and let me know how it works for you!
Get your matching FLICKR gadget buttons HERE!
HERE are even more Email blog buttons for you!
“Visit my Older Posts”graphics HERE.
Twitter buttons are HERE.
Leave a Comment graphics HERE.
Ornamental set of button graphics HERE!
Blog Cuties are HERE.
UPDATE: I have had a few people note that they are unable to email me through my button, most can, but for those who can’t, I’ve added the actual address just above my own contact button in the column to the right. I broke it up by using (at) instead of @ and (dot) instead of a dot to keep spambots from abusing my email address. Most people know to type out the email correctly when corresponding. You may consider doing the same on your blog.
Pingback: PDF files in Blogger and other blog stuff | Just Something I Made
Pingback: More Email Buttons for your Blog! | Just Something I Made
Pingback: microsoft exchange kiralık sunucu
Pingback: it danışmanlık hizmeti
Pingback: ruger security 9 for sale
Pingback: Don't Think Too Much While Choosing Professional Writer ($1904) ¬∑ Snippets ¬∑ GitLab
Pingback: Guns for sale
Pingback: world market link